Today's Deal: Gilt City at Boston Calling: Kickoff Party & PassesGilt City
Join the Group Buy
Get a credit!
“With a massive musical stroke, Boston Calling not only packed City Hall Plaza with 18 worthy alternative rock acts,” wrote The Improper Bostonian of Boston Calling’s inaugural installment earlier this year, “but positioned itself as a virtual new venue on the Hub’s landscape.” On September 7 and 8, the festival is back, with an eclectic all-star lineup taking to the stage in the heart of the city. And to usher in the fun: Better Than Backstage, Gilt City’s epic kickoff party, featuring a lively crowd, a stylish venue, cocktails and bites, and a live performance by cult indie-rock favorite Okkervil River, who’ll be part of Saturday’s festival lineup.
In addition to Okkervil River, Saturday’s program ranges from the upbeat, Afropop-inflected rock of Vampire Weekend to the indie pop of Natasha Khan’s Bat for Lashes. You’ll hear also L.A.-based Local Natives, whose debut album Pitchfork.com said was filled with “rustic and yearning vocals, three-part harmonies, clattering percussion, wiggly guitar leads, euphoric chanting, and a Talking Heads cover.”
Come back Sunday to get your synth-rock fix from Passion Pit; catch Diplo-produced DJ act Major Lazer (described by Pitchfork as “hip-hop and reggae are also smashed into one freaky, juiced up mutant”); take in Kendrick Lamar, (whomSpin magazine has written, “On a purely technical level, he might be the best of his generation”); and enjoy the sultry stylings of Solange.
Boasting a stone fireplace, gorgeous velvet couches, stunning chandeliers and textured wall coverings, The Estate is an extraordinary party destination. Located in a renovated two-level theater in the heart of Boston’s Theater District, the space exudes elegance and luxury. The celebrity-sprinkled hotspot is home to seventeen bottle-service tables, four separate bars, a full-size stage complete with theater lighting and an enormous dance floor. It has been lauded in local publications like the Boston Globe, Boston.com and The Improper Bostonian. Once you’ve partied here, you’ll see why.
Why We Love It
- Live performance by Boston Calling Festival act Okkervil River
- Access for one to Gilt City’s Better Than Backstage kickoff party at The Estate on Friday, September 6, 2013 from 7:30–10:30 PM
- Two signature Privateer Rum cocktails per person
- Light hors d’oeuvres and sweets
- Live set by DJ Big Phyll
- $20 UberX or UberBLACK credit toward transportation (for new users only)
- Snacks and treats from popchips and UNREAL Candy
- Swag bags
- Post-party entry to The Estate (strict dress code applies; see venue website for details)
- Redeem on: Friday, September 6, 2013
- Guests must RSVP separately for the VIP reception by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and voucher code
- Must be 21+ to redeem
- Names will be provided on a guest list at the door
- UberX or UberBLACK credit is good for up to $20 off one UberX or UberBLACK ride, for new Uber users only
- Uber redemption information provided post-purchase on voucher
- Voucher is redeemable only at the event
- Offer is final sale and nonrefundable
Royale, 279 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116